Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's go time.

Howdy folks,

I wish that I could have sent more blogs in the past few weeks, but I have either been in places where mentioning the word internet doesn't register in anyone's vocabulary, or I have been quite busy getting my spiritual thang on. In the past few weeks I have: found my teacher to train me in the xhosa tradition (mpondo tribe) to become a sangoma, met amazing people who have been an instrumental part of me finding my teacher, visited multiple sangomas from different traditions, found my homiest home, which is in Swaziland fyi, saw 4 out of the big 5, visited muti markets in Joburg (there is not a more hectic place in the world than these markets), and did my process work training (super awesome). My training will be really intense and I won't be able to use the internet for the whole time most likely. The training will be in the Transkei in a rural mpondo village. There is no electricity, plumbing, or McDonalds (NOOOOOO!!!). The place is amazing, my teacher is amazing, and I will be there anywhere from 6 months to a couple of years. I'm not really sure how long it will take, but let's hope I learn quickly. I will be in a very safe place doing exactly what my heart wants to do. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else in the world. I love it. I will keep you updated when I can. Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. i'm so happy for you doug. I'm holding you in my heart with love and blessings on your path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessings to you, and how wonderful that you found this teacher. holding you in my thoughts and prayers and knowing that you've got all you need to do this work. welcome home! love,
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finding your teacher, Doug! Many blessings on your journey into your spiritual homeland ... and happy birthday!
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete